The global economy in the era of change: the prospects of Big Eurasia
The X Astana Economic Forum took place on June 15–16, 2017. The main topic of the meeting is New Energy - New Economy. During the Forum issues of sustainable economic growth, international trade and innovation will be discussed. The Forum will mark 25th anniversary of cooperation between Kazakhstan and the World Bank, as well as other events such as the Economist Innovation Forum, panel sessions organized by Boao Forum for Asia, UNDP, SAP, BCG, etc.
The world is changing. The crisis is undergoing the Trans-Pacific partnership, the fate of the Transatlantic trade and investment partnership is in question. In this regard, a number of issues arise that require discussion from the prospects of further development of integration on the Eurasian continent, including:
- What are the opportunities for expanding integration in Eurasia?
- What is the role of the EAEU in this process and can it become the center of the mega-regional project formation?
- Are today's mega-regional projects viable? If so, what can become cementing factors for the formation and development of a megaproject in Eurasia: transport and logistics, energy or something else?
Welcome speech: Tigran Sargsyan, Chairman of the Board, Eurasian Economic Commission, Prime-Minister (2008-2014) and Governor of Central Bank of Armenia (1998-2008)
Moderator: Tatyana Valovaya, Member of the Board – Minister in charge of Integration and Microeconomics, Eurasian Economic Commission
Moderator: Tatyana Valovaya, Member of the Board - Minister in charge of Integration and Microeconomics, Eurasian Economic Commission
- Viktor Khristenko, President of the EAEU Business Council
- Kairat Kelimbetov, Governor Astana International Financial Centre
- Peter Frankopan, Senior Research Fellow at Worcester College, Oxford and Director of the Oxford Centre for Byzantine Research, Author “The Silk Roads: A New History of the World”
- Dmitry Pankin, Chairman of the Board, Eurasian Development Bank
- Temir Sariev, ex-Prime Minister of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Yerzhan Saltybaev, Director of the Institute of World Economy and Politics (IMEP) under the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Leader of the Nation
- Arnaud Leclercq, Partner at “Lombard Odier Group”